The Institute of Christian Psychology (ICP) was founded in 2013 to provide therapeutic services to followers of the Christian faith, their pastors, and other leaders in Christian ministry. ICP enables Christians to experience healing and find hope in an environment that is not only accepting and supportive of their beliefs, but also leverages their faith to promote optimal health.
Our dedicated Christian psychologists and counselors offer compassionate and confidential services that are effective for individuals of all ages, equipping them to live purposeful, significant lives. At ICP, we recognize that reaching this degree of optimal living depends upon maintaining wellness in all aspects of an individual’s health. We work with individuals to achieve goals in their emotional, social, physical, and spiritual health, and we are willing to coordinate with physicians and pastors to promote these objectives.
To advance our mission, the ICP team has adopted a collaborative approach to treatment. ICP meets regularly to discuss treatment, progress, and options, as well as to identify and allocate resources that are most likely to create positive changes in the lives of the individuals we serve.
Our ICP providers include:
- Phillip A. Foster, PhD - Bloomington
- Neil Jepson, PhD - Bloomington
- Tomike Lana, PsyD, CADC - Bloomington, Evanston, Park Ridge
- Sarah Cain, LCPC - Bloomington
- Britain Dunaway, LCPC - Bloomington, Peoria
- Leroy Hall, PsyD - Decatur
- Andréa Burns, MA, NCC, CCMHC, LCPC - Decatur
- Alexander Willett, PsyD - Decatur
- Keena Peek, PsyD - Decatur
- Janel Harris, PhD - Canton
We offer a full range of psychotherapy services for children, adolescents, and adults. In addition to individual therapy, our providers also host sessions for couples and families. Treatment is available for:
- Adjustment Disorders
- Anger and Conflict Management
- Anxiety and Stress Management
- Behavior Disorders
- Child Custody Evaluations
- Depression and Mood Disorders
- Divorce Mediation Services
- Grief and Loss
- Marital and Premarital Counseling
- Parenting and Family Issues
- Sexual and Other Process Addiction Therapy
- Substance Addiction Therapy
When appropriate, our psychologists also provide psychological assessment and evaluation services. Assessments and evaluations take an individualized approach based upon the most recent research and best practice methods. Upon completion of an assessment or evaluation, a report is created, which includes a thorough explanation of the testing employed and the results, as well as management strategies and treatment recommendations.
Going above and beyond standard services, ICP team members are available to host workshops, seminars, and consultations for churches, parachurch organizations, and other Christian ministries.
In our outreach efforts, the ICP also identified an area of need in the lives of pastors. With their focus constantly on parishioners, our devoted church leaders too often defer self-care, so we are blessed to have the opportunity to coordinate therapeutic retreats for pastors and their families.